Thursday, 11 December 2008

Tragic

There have been quite a few references in the media to the this story in the last couple of days. I feel such anguish for the young woman and her family.

6 comments:

  1. That is just heartbreaking. Nothing else I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.

    Wasn't even sure whether to blog it, seems intrusive somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a tragic story. Heartbreaking. I burst into tears when I read it earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's in the papers, so your linking to it is not, in my view, intrusive. You blogged it because you feel empathy for the people concerned, not because you wish to "gossip" about their tragedy - and blogging it also raises awareness of the severity of ME as an illness. I, for one, would most likely not have come across this otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to mention it on blog too, Nasim. Have felt deeply affected by the story. I'd echo what Anna has said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course the story is in the public domain, but it still feels slightly voyeuristic - for me - to blog it, I don't know why.

    But, yes, it's intensely affecting.

    ReplyDelete