I bought three tennis balls today. Not to play tennis, obviously. And I only wanted one, but they only come in tubes of three. (And why are they sealed like tins?) I've discovered you can do self-massage with tennis balls, so decided to try as I am at my wits' end, having tried every back stretch known, and I can't keep taking 30/500 co-codamols. I feel like an impostor in sports shops, everything seems alien. Still, I told the woman why I needed the balls and pointed to some glittery ones I liked the look of. Those are for hockey, she said, those would break your back. Glittery hockey balls, I replied, we didn't have such a thing when I was at school! I heard myself sound like my mother and acknowledged (to myself) these are the kind of things you say in your forties.
Please post again about massage with tennis ball. How do you do it? Thanks from Mim
ReplyDeleteIf you google tennis ball + massage you will see a lot, or try this link
ReplyDeletehttp://saveyourself.ca/articles/tennis-ball.php
i think it helps a little.
off to physio now!
I love my new physiotherapist. I may not need the tennis balls.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteThis is gonna look stupid but it works: http://www.theracane.com/
A bit pricey though.
I've had ME for 13 years.
Really enjoyed your book.
Well done for managing to finish it.
glad you enjoyed the book, go-girl.
ReplyDeletei think massage gives temporary relief but you need to really get to the root of the prob to fix it properly. the therapist i saw today was fabulous, i have high hopes.
"Glittery hockey balls"? Sounds like a Canadian tabloid headline on the Winter Olympics...
ReplyDeleteMy friend Liz has back pain and swears by her spiky ball...
ReplyDelete