Friday, 12 March 2010

Libbers

Twenty days left to watch Libbers. I loved it. Especially Marilyn French, Germaine Greer and Kate Millett (in her winter Crocs).

5 comments:

  1. "Not available in your area". Sometimes I hate the BBC and their narrow-minded policies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb wasn't it. I hope younger women watched it too and realised how much they owe to such women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's all down to copyright, Lesley, v annoying though...& works both ways, you can't re-watch foreign films/progs that have been on BBC or Channel 4, most French films are on very late & I miss them...& I don't have a recorder...

    Cusp, It was moving and funny film, truly inspiring women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i taped this and am looking forward to watching this weekend. I did women's studies at Uni and tried to read Sita by Kate Millet at the time - got to say it was sooo repetitive and boring. It is not often that i cannot get through a book but i gave up! Maybe i will learn a bit more about where she was coming from in the programme or she can redeem herself in other ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashy, I had not heard of Kate Millett before this but I just loved the portrayal of her as an older woman, she is quite stooped now, but seems quite formidable, though I think she has not had easy times.

    ReplyDelete