‘Can there exist, in principle, a proper beginning to any story at all? Isn’t there always, without exception, a latent beginning-before-the-beginning?’
Amos Oz
Wednesday, 3 March 2010
To BBC or not to BBC
'Spending money on American imports like Mad Men will be cut.' If they think they are axeing Mad Men as well as 6 Music, they can forget my licence fee. But then this is the man who refused to broadcast DEC appeal for Gaza. You can join Save 6 here.
It's crazy. As Lucy Mangan pointed out in The Guardian, they've funded about six series of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, and other such dire offerings on BBC Three. Other things springing to mind include Chris Moyles... I need not go on...
They should axe shouty, louty Moyles but I guess he has lots of shouty, louty listeners... fingers crossed the campaign to Save 6 will work. Yes, I don't often read Lucy Mangan, but she is right about the packet of crisps thing, TV direness in the extreme.
It's crazy. As Lucy Mangan pointed out in The Guardian, they've funded about six series of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, and other such dire offerings on BBC Three. Other things springing to mind include Chris Moyles... I need not go on...
ReplyDeleteThey should axe shouty, louty Moyles but I guess he has lots of shouty, louty listeners... fingers crossed the campaign to Save 6 will work. Yes, I don't often read Lucy Mangan, but she is right about the packet of crisps thing, TV direness in the extreme.
ReplyDelete