Friday 31 December 2010

Rosy and not rosy

I'm sorry if you got a Kindle for Christmas and wanted perhaps to download The State of Me - the e-book is still not showing on Amazon - or Book Depository (this is not rosy!). On a happier note, I got a collection of Norman MacCaig poems as a gift, loving it, there is a poem about a toad that you just want to read again and again ('Stop looking like a purse...' ). And everyone should drink this, my new favourite tea: black with a hint of rose. I can also tell you that the best fairy cakes are made when you are on codeine (you simply don't care about the oven/timing, the whisking does not seem so exhausting and all is dandy). And the thaw is still on (this is rosy!). I would love if the snow melted to reveal all the spring flowers in bloom, a real Wizard of Oz moment. Needless to say, Happy and Healthy New Year, when it comes, to all who read this blog.

6 comments:

trousers said...

Making fairy cakes on codeine sounds fabulously decadent.

A Happy New Year to you too, nmj.

psephis said...

Happy New Year nmj!

Alison said...

I've been really into rosy tea these past few months. Mmm. Congrats on finishing Wolf Hall and Happy New Year!

nmj said...

Trews, Happy New Year to you too. I felt like a 50s' housewife baking cakes on medication.

To you too, Psephis!

Alison, Am mighty glad to be finished it! I do feel it was too long, but I don't see how she could have shortened it, either. Wishing you all the best for 2011.

Will said...

Happy New Year!

nmj said...

Same to you, Will!