Wednesday 16 May 2012

Gorgeous

At the weekend, my nephews' village primary school won an inter-school football tournament, an unexpected victory.  I heard that one wee boy who didn't even play - too young - took his shirt off and did a lap of honour. Gorgeous. The team is  being taken to an Italian restaurant for lunch this week, what a fabulous treat (I can't recall anything remotely as sumptuous at primary school). But this is a  generation of nephews who ask for Jamie's summer salad in their packed lunches.

My older nephew, still glowing, actually glowing, from the gold cup victory, can now play 'Mull of Kintyre' on the trumpet. He wanted to skype and play to my mother, not realising she is too ill just now. I can't wait for my session.

And: 'The clouds are punctuating the ceiling': my stepdad's explanation of the crazy May sun/shower cycle we're having.

*for those not in UK, this is Jamie.


No comments: