Sunday 17 October 2010

Leaves & kids


I just watched four leaves fall and spin to the ground, one after the other. I wondered how they 'know' when to leave the tree, what is their precise moment. My cousin's nine-year-old was here last weekend and asked if she could rake. (I can't rake and always get others to do the leaves.) The feisty wee girl that she is got two piles of leaves. Her four-year-old brother 'helped'. It was warm enough to sit out with coats and my cousin and I had coffee in plastic cups and Hula Hoops while the kids worked. Then they started to argue over whose pile was whose and the rakes went back in the shed. After dinner, I was telling my cousin about the Pope and her girl drew this in five minutes. She is a wee talent.

7 comments:

Mim said...

Vivid glimpses.

The wee girl's drawing makes me smile!

"What The?" You in the window? Don't you love the big hand!?

Cusp said...

Great drawing :O) You should send it to him ....

nmj said...

Mim, The big hands are great. Cusp, Do you think he'd put it up in the Vatican? ;)

Muhamad Lodhi said...

Brilliant.

Rick said...

Not being a complete killjoy, I probably wouldn't say this to my kid, but I don't think the leaf has any say whatsoever when it will fall off. It's the wind... Well, you know... I guess I am a bit of a killjoy! ;-)

nmj said...

Nah - the leave debates with the wind and they choose a time together, the perfect moment ;)

greenwords said...

My favourite part of this drawing is you in the window and "What The!"