Saturday 15 October 2011

Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man, a film by Lian Lunson



Wonderful clips of Leonard, and my favourite covers are by Rufus and Martha Wainwright. (I also love Antony and the Johnsons' version of The Guests, though not in the film.

I didn't know that Rufus and Lorca Cohen - Leonard's daughter - had had a baby girl earlier this year. Can you imagine the gorgeous lullabies she will hear?
And there is this from 1965 - it's like watching a French film, it makes you want to smoke and wear polo necks (even when you are anti-smoking, as I am, I love polo necks though).

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh its a wonderful film, i saw it a while ago, may watch it again.... I'll check out the one from 1965 too!

Marylinn Kelly said...

Thank you for the link to the 1965 film, oh, sadly having to wait for more time, which was unknown to me and such a joy...his opening monologue. It is a gift waiting to be opened. And I so love I'M YOUR MAN, but now need the soundtrack as well for deleted songs. I had not heard Anthony before and Beth Orton's phrasing and emphasis in "Sisters of Mercy" lends it the perfect, dreamy quality. When it became available on YouTube, I posted it for it simple glory. So happy you shared all this, thanks.