Sunday 5 August 2012

Six gold medals

Our sodden little nation got six gold medals yesterday, three in athletics, I felt rather proud. I was hoarse screaming for Mo Farah and cried when he won. Also had tears when Jessica Ennis was presented with her medal, and earlier on, I just caught the lovely velodrome girls winning the women's team pursuit, all under 23, and I mused, for a moment, that velo-gubbed was half-Olympic, in name at least.

*And Andy Murray winning gold this afternoon was just gorgeous, especially after disappointment of four weeks ago at Wimbledon!!!

** Usain Bolt has won before you even have time to cheer him. As I've said before, I rarely watch sport and was not very interested before Olympics started, but you get pulled in just by the sheer talent and spectacle of these athletes and you grin and weep with joy.

No comments: